Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cat blogging - by the cat

I've posted pictures before of Misha sitting on my computer - it's a constant fight to keep him off. Every once in awhile, he manages to do something remarkable or something quite difficult to fix. He's taken screen shots and saved them as PDFs. He's renamed my harddrive to the little equals sign with a squiggly over it (whatever it's called). He's turned my screen to black and white - with reverse contrast.

Today he wrote something in a Word file that had my packing list for the field (note that he didn't write "Cash!" - that was part of the list).


//u’

[we

I
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooodfg

D

DD///////////xCash!zOKn p000-cvx///////////////////GOFFFFFFFdkkkkoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDKOOOOOOOOOOOOO


\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\dddddddd
??????????????????hjll cv23qmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm--- vb10


It's poetry.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, man...

Margaret said...

Your kitty is very eloquent.

Bardiac said...

Is your kitty channeling the Flying Spaghetti Monster? That could be a message!

Anonymous said...

I was particularly touched by the stanza

I
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooodfg


I think it's the way it counterpoints the surrealism of the underlying metaphor.
I read it out loud to my cat, and I could tell she, too, was deeply moved.

Anonymous said...

Dude, what's your cat smoking?

Once my cat typed "helf" in the middle of an email I was sending to my advisor.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

He's got a catnip problem.

Penguin said...

I think he was writing a 50's pop-ballad:

//u’

[we


Yeah, man!

Anita said...

I think your kitty and my kitty have been emailing each other because I found a very similar note on my computer! I thought it was code for "help me get me out of here, my human is a neurotic mess!"

Regina said...

Ha! The same happens to me. My cat follows me everywhere, including the bathroom which is profoundly disturbing! Don't let me be on the phone with someone because she assumes I'm talking to her. I love it! She's completely narcissistic.

Then again she has good reason to be as she's traveled with me from L.A., to San Francisco and now Seoul, South Korea.