Monday, November 26, 2007

Cocktail Mondays: Same drink, different liquor


You don't really expect me to come up with a different drink EVERY Monday, do you? Today I came home and really needed a martini. My usual recipe is here. But instead of vodka, I've been drinking them with Hendrick's gin lately. I picked up this cute little bottle on a whim, and I must say I've been very impressed. I've stuck with my usual olives rather than the cucumber slice they suggest, but the gin is indeed somewhat cucumbery and I am sure it would taste great that way. (Picture blatantly stolen from their website.)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement re: job applications. My boss displayed a surprising burst of efficiency today and sent off her letter of recommendation to Massive R1 School, so I guess there's no turning back now - I'm applying to both. Today as I sat and contemplated the task ahead of me, well... I needed a martini.

And I never meant to imply that I thought non-R1 jobs weren't stressful! I'm prepared for 1 or 2 publications a year, but the thought of being expected to get out 3-4/year and secure massive amounts of external funding makes me shudder a bit. Of course, at an R1 I'd have a lab and grad students, right? And a lighter teaching load. Which would make the whole publication thing a tad bit easier. Hmm...

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I love Hendrick's! I discovered it last year & it's one of my favorites now.