Friday, July 17, 2009

Busy and Whiny

I've been simultaneously too busy and too lazy to post anything. So I will do what we bloggers do when one has not blogged in awhile: bullets!
  • Submitted the NSF grant last Friday - my first major grant proposal as PI. Woo hoo!
  • People visited over the weekend. And bought me nice presents.
  • Finished reading Valley of the Dolls on Sunday night. Wow, THAT was depressing.
  • Why can't I remember anything about Monday? Pizza. I made a pizza. With Italian sausage. Yum.
  • Got old on Tuesday. I guess that wasn't so bad - it involved two bottles of rosé with friends at lunch, and a five-course tasting menu with my husband at dinner. Plus sapphires. And a giant bouquet of flowers. And cake.
  • Said goodbye to postdoc friend moving away to tenure track job on Wednesday.
  • Ran the last of the summer's captive experiments on Thursday. Hooray!
So, I've been able to check a few large things off my list. But the NSF grant really wiped me out and I have not gotten any writing done this week. Next week: on to the revise and resubmit!

I'm afraid this blog's gotten a bit boring lately. I stopped catching birds a few weeks ago (no more torturing birds, PhysioProf... FOR NOW...) so I don't have any new angry bird photos for you. But here's a picture of a catbird for you:
I cannot figure out how the hell I am holding onto this bird, but I like that it is turning around and giving me the evil eye.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congrats on submitting your NSF grant!

And sapphires are always nice too :D

Seeking Solace said...

I've neglected my blog too. And I am busy and have cranks.

Hope we both snap out of it soon.

PhysioProf said...

That bird is gonna fuck you up!

Brigindo said...

congrats on getting the grant out and good luck with it.

Maude said...

yes, congrats on getting the grant out!

for the record, i don't think this is whiny at all! nor are/were your bird pictures boring! i loved them!! i scrolled through all of them for the SB. they were great.

Rebecca said...

Mmmm, sapphires. They're my birthstone and I've always loved them best. Lucky, lucky you. But the whole birthday day sounded fabulous, how great! And to have the grant finally finished just caps it all. Finally, all kinds of good stuff. Happy for you.