We have a bird feeder in our tiny little "yard" that is big fun. There are always tons of customers. I haven't posted many pictures before today because taking pictures of birds is hard (I don't know how
StyleyGeek does it!). Even if I manage to get up to the window and zoom the camera without scaring them (they always hear the zoom), the pictures usually end up looking like this:

But last weekend I finally managed to get a couple of good pictures. This is Bob the cardinal, who has declared our little yard and the tree next to it his territory, and he loudly makes this declaration every morning and every evening:

I like Bob.
7 comments:
I like Bob too. Now, if only I could see something other than nasty pigeons and starlings around my apartment complex, I'd be pretty happy.
i think he's cute! i bet the kitties do too.
Cute! I miss cardinals. In the fields across the way, we do have some magpie survivors of West Nile, and they're pretty cool. There are also a couple of barn owls living in owl boxes and tree hollows within shouting distance of my apartment. I can hear them at night. We also have lots of egrets, a few different kinds of herons, flickers, crows, Canada geese, hawks, turkey vultures, and mockingbirds. Occasionally a redwing blackbird. At home in Long Beach there are little green parrots that hang upside-down from the telephone lines. Cute!
Yes, I am a little bit of a bird nerd.
Bob is cute.
Wow. Weird-looking bird. In a cute sort of way.
And the way I do it is to take 40 photos or so, which usually gives me at least one half-decent one. I love digital cameras.
The other thing that helps is that parrots pose for the camera. Seriously, you can get within a couple of metres of the ones around here and they usually don't freak out. They will sometimes waddle away a little, and if they catch you staring too hard they might decide you are weirding them out and they'd rather be elsewhere, but mostly they are happy to sit slightly out of reach and show off for you.
Yay Bob! I miss having a bird feeder. My fascist apartment complex doesn't allow them because of the mess (which is a bummer, because in the two weeks I had one before they figured it out, I got cardinals visiting regularly, and they're my favorites!).
Lovely! I miss Cardinals. Thank you.
Post a Comment