I feel that now may be a good time to share my thoughts on karaoke, perhaps in random bullet form:
- Karaoke is a spectator sport. You must cheer, dance, sing along. It makes it more fun.
- You must cheer everyone who gets up on stage, no matter how bad they are. A woman told us that the only reason she got up and sang was because our table was so supportive of everyone - and she was great!
- It is not about singing well. In fact, I think karaoke is more fun when people are bad.
- Don't be shy! Get up there and strut your stuff.
- Alcohol helps. But don't overdo it.
I have had a great time here in Mountain City, but I am ready to get back down to normal altitude. 7000 is a lot of feet. I've been headachy and tired, and my dreams are as vivid and bad as when I was on Lariam. I'm sure I would adjust if I stayed longer, but I'm ready to stop feeling like this.

9 comments:
I dont' know why, but the more expensive the hotel the less you get for free. It is as if they feel that since you are paying so much for the room then you can pay extra dollars for internet access. Just crazy!
It's like when you go to a fancy restaurant and the sides are extra. It's just wacky.
OOooh, I wonder if your conference hotel is the same conference hotel I was at in a desert city in November. If so, it was snazzy.
And where karaoke is concerned, the only way you can over do the alcohol is if you pass out and/or vomit on stage instead of sing.
You know you are my idol - the way you dominated the Snapvine thing by starting the whole internet karaoke! And even got me to sing publicly (in an anonymous fashion, of course). Hmmm, if ever you are in Canada's capital, we will have to karaoke together (I go, I just don't sing)
Have fun at mucho expensive conference hotel. $12.95/day - that's highway robbery!!!
yeah. overdoing it on the alcohol is bad especially when cell phones get left behind. that was very sad...but a fun night!
You are a braver man than I...
I did karoke once - sang an Elvis song - bored everyone in the room.
Perhaps I need to be in a thinner air atmosphere...
Ack! I was totally in Arizona when you were doing this. I should have totally driving up to Mountain City!
I was interested in your "Arizona" tag - I grew up in a Mountain City there. You know, near the GC, starts with F? How did you enjoy the drive (oh so long ago, I know) from Desert City to Mountain City in the convertible? :)
(would give eye teeth, if they still existed, to have a rental snafu turn in my favor and result in a Mustang convertible!)
Kelly - loved Mountain City, the one that rhymes with "bagstaff". And the Mustang was AWESOME. Nothing like that ever happened to me before or since!
Post a Comment