But as it turns out, I have discovered the cure for said funk: send your 4-years-in-the-making edited volume to the publisher!
Yes, friends, the book is finally finished. I have sent the manuscript.
HOLY SHIT.
The good thing about taking so long to finish is that the publisher has changed their requirements in the meantime – they no longer require you to send a hard copy, just a digital copy. Which is a good thing (Figure 1). (By the way, those pages are DOUBLE-SIDED.)
When my friend and I started this book, we solicited advice from books and friends about editing a book like this. The unanimous advice was: DON’T.
Well, I will say that it was hard work and very frustrating, and I don’t think that I will ever do it again. But I’m really glad we did it, and I think the final product will be something to be very proud of.
It’s really too bad that the bars aren’t open at 9:30 am, because I certainly feel like celebrating.

18 comments:
What you need to find is place that serves brunch... and mimosas.
Wow. Congratulations! That is quite an impressive looking book! Are you taking the rest of the day off?
congrats! what an accomplishment! kudos to you and your friend.
Congratulations! You definitely deserve a drink...or 10!
Indeed, there's nothing wrong with a mimosa or a bellini or a bloody mary at 9-something in the morning!
Congrats!
Nice job!
It's 6 pm in the UK right now, if that helps.
Wow!!! Congratulations!!!! Go celebrate!!!
Whoohooo!
Ohmigosh, that's HUGE! Congratulations! You're the proud mother of a baby book!
woo hoo!!
Yiiiiiiiiii haaaawwww!
That is so awesome!!!! Congratulations.
Awesome!!!! woohoo! You must feel _great_!
Congratulations! Awesome!
Holy cow! Congrats!!! How many pounds is that thing?
Congratulations! That's exciting! And you give me hope :)
CONGRATS!!!! go dr brazen hussy, you rock!
Congratulations. Oh, and you live in the wrong state, bars here open at 6 am :)
Post a Comment