Monday, August 25, 2008

never too early for cognac

It's 7:30, we've had dinner and a bottle of wine already. What to do next? I suggest cognac. Arbitrista says, "Is it too early for cognac?" (Sometimes he says the damnedest things.) So I googled it.

"Too early for cognac": 6 hits

Clearly, it's almost never too early for cognac. Intrigued, I google some other drinks.

"Too early for vodka": 231 hits
"Too early for whiskey": 247 hits... but of course I had to check
"Too early for whisky": 145 hits
"Too early for wine": 2,120 hits
"Too early for beer": 4,500 hits

The moral of this story? Oh who the fuck knows. I'm about halfway into a big ol' snifter of cognac.

(p.s. I'm back.)

7 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Mmm. Cognac. Have another for me, 'kay? :)

Seeking Solace said...

I always fall back on "It's Five o'clock somewhere"!

Husband was just saying how he would love a glass of cognac right now.

Amanda said...

I have a similar line to Seeking Solace. My line has always been, "Well, it's close enough to noon. Somewhere."

Crawlspace said...

I hinted endlessly to everyone I know that I wanted a bottle of Macallan 12yr single malt and no one picked up the hint. And now I am sitting here starring at that snifter of cognac and wishing I had some delicious brown alcohol to sip on.

It's hard being me.

Addy N. said...

Glad to see you back, BH! P.S. Would you believe that I've never had cognac?

Jones said...

I also, have sadly never had cognac...sigh...Welcome back

ScienceGirl said...

The first time I introduced my husband to my extended family, they realized that he was coming down with a cold. My aunt without blinking an eye brought out cognac (it cures colds, didn't you know?). It was early afternoon.

Glad to have you back!