Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Limits

Writing at 6 am + 4 hours of fieldwork = I can't really get much done after noon. I'm trying, but I am pretty damn tired and have difficulty concentrating. Today I managed to read a chapter in a new book on my research topic, process this morning's samples, and send a couple of emails. Oh, and I printed out the reviews of my R&R paper. Afternoons are usually low productivity for me but this is ridiculous. Screw it, I'm going home.

Angry Catbird thinks I'm a slacker and is clearly telling me so.

9 comments:

Super Babe said...

Well... you may be some of those people (like me) who work better when they have a gazillion things to do... Good luck!

And I love the bird pictures! Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Hussy, The Catbird thinks you should go home and have a "catnap" Sorry. Will

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Will, I can't decide whether I love you or hate you. Probably both. :)

PhysioProf said...

What the fuck are you doing to all these birds, anyway??

Ursa said...

I'm curious as to why one hand is gloved and the other not. Can you explain that, if it's not too ridiculous of a question? =)
Ursa

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Not a ridiculous question at all. I don't normally wear gloves when handling birds because it's a pain in the ass. The hand that is taking the sample is gloved so that I don't contaminate the sample tube with human stuff. I reserve the right to remain vague, however. :)

Sisyphus said...

If those are both your hands ... then who is taking the picture? (sorry, I get easily distracted by silliness)

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

My trusty minion!

Nat Blair said...

I also can't help but wondering. NIH challenge grants and wild caught birds? WTF, but it sounds awesome.

I'm throwing my guess out there for some kinda West Nile or avian influenza stuff. But that's a total guess. And I don't expect either confirmation or denial.