Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Angry bird by request: a chipping sparrow for Addy N

He's actually not that angry. He's adorable.


I haven't caught any nuthatches, Addy N, although I know they're around. I love nuthatches! And they're pretty nice birds to handle, too. (Translation: they don't bite hard and they make cute noises.)

4 comments:

PhysioProf said...

Is this bird supposed to look different from the last one? They look the same to me. And why are you torturing these fucking birds, anyway?

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Dude, they are SO obviously completely different.

Why am I torturing them? I'm doing it... FOR SCIENCE!

Caroline said...

Dude that one looks more dead than angry...

Addy N. said...

Yes, this is clearly different from the song sparrow- the chipping sparrows "wear a rusty beret" as my bird book says. The song sparrow has stripes running over it's head. I saw a chipping sparrow at our feeder today. I know what you mean about the nuthatches- they sound so cute and I love how they hop around on tree trunks! Yes, I am nerd. Thanks for posting this one for me!