Thursday, June 04, 2009

Angry blue jay

One of my favorite species to handle! So pretty, so loud and screamy, always angry.

5 comments:

TSintheC said...

I think Jays are my favorite bird. I like to see them take on the Robins in my yard.

Leslie M-B said...

Awesome. We have scrub jays here that hide acorns all over the yard. I have about a dozen baby oak trees growing now.

Do you have a mockingbird you can show us?

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I haven't caught any wild mockingbirds; I did sample some captive ones last year but no pictures. They were fun - after a couple of visits to the room with their cages, they totally recognized me and would screech and hiss when I walked in.

New Kid on the Hallway said...

I know jays are evil, but the blue is so pretty...

(I am LOVING the angry birds, I just want to say!)

JaneB said...

Yeah, love the angry birds! Don't suppose you ever get Indigo Buntings?