Right now, I am sitting at a little desk in a quaint cabin on top of a mountain. My NSF grant proposal is nearly done. I did not expect this trip to turn into the perfect writing retreat, but sometimes good things happen.
I am here at the field station where I worked last summer and the summer before that, to give tonight's weekly seminar. It's a really, really nice place to be when you're not doing fieldwork! It's pretty, and peaceful, and I have lots of friends here and they feed me. I don't have anything to do all day today, so this morning after breakfast I sat down with my laptop and have managed to get a lot done. Originally I was really stressed out about this trip because I didn't know when I was going to have time to write this grant but it has turned out just fine. I'm slacking off to blog right now because I'm writing the Broader Impacts section and it is SO PAINFUL.
Tomorrow Arbitrista and I drive back home, so we still get a nice weekend to ourselves.
Ok, back to hateful Broader Impacts. And Intellectual Merit. Wheeeeee!
Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes (Mounds Cupcakes)
23 hours ago

1 comment:
Are there birds there for you to torture?
Post a Comment