And they probably check email every day... just not their school account. I only check my school account once a week or so because I never get anything important there anyway.
yes, I not only get "oh, I don't check that" as well as "oh, my email is broken." Really? Broken? I've had email since most of them were in preschool and my email has never been "broken."
Ah yes. It's coming to replace dog/homework and dead grannies as a generational excuse. I used FB groups last term, and discovered that since those posts weren't automatically shared into their own accounts, they wouldn't use the group page.
I just tell 'em now: this is what I use. Ignore it at your own risk. And I'm using school email, so there.
Their campus email is "broken" when it gets full enough that messages bounce or they can't login without deleting stuff first. Of course, at least half the undergraduates I see use gmail or something else that doesn't have a size cap. Personally, I think campus email is going the way of the dodo--or at least the way of the landline in each residence hall. Our IT dept. is already exploring using college-branded gmail accounts..
10 comments:
Didn't you know that email is obsolete? It's only for the old-foggies - they all use Facebook and text now!
And they probably check email every day... just not their school account. I only check my school account once a week or so because I never get anything important there anyway.
They may not check e-mail because their friends will twitter/text/facebook them anything that's important.
Boring stuff from school etc.. comes in their e-mail.
Also -- I suspect they check more often than they admit -- so, it's more of an excuse.
yes, I not only get "oh, I don't check that" as well as "oh, my email is broken." Really? Broken? I've had email since most of them were in preschool and my email has never been "broken."
Ah yes. It's coming to replace dog/homework and dead grannies as a generational excuse. I used FB groups last term, and discovered that since those posts weren't automatically shared into their own accounts, they wouldn't use the group page.
I just tell 'em now: this is what I use. Ignore it at your own risk. And I'm using school email, so there.
I concur. Email is definitely dead for this generation as is leaving voicemail messages. Missed call and FB are where its at.
yup, yup, it's all about the facebook
They are rebels, clearly.
Their campus email is "broken" when it gets full enough that messages bounce or they can't login without deleting stuff first. Of course, at least half the undergraduates I see use gmail or something else that doesn't have a size cap. Personally, I think campus email is going the way of the dodo--or at least the way of the landline in each residence hall. Our IT dept. is already exploring using college-branded gmail accounts..
Our email is set up through gmail which is why I don't buy their "broken" excuse.
Post a Comment