If you could live an alternate life and do anything you wanted to do (and be guaranteed to be good at it), what would you do?
I would make movie previews. I love previews. I think they are an amazing art. I would totally go to the movies to watch 2 hours of previews.
Publius says he would be a sculptor.
What would you do?
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
I would be a painter.
Thanks for asking.
I'd be a visual merchandiser. Worked with VM at work, it's bloody hard work, but absolutely LOVE it. I'm another one not blessed with an imagination! (kidding, PO)
I always thought it would be really cool to play in a symphony orchestra. I don't even play a musical instrument (I played piano as a child), so I'm not sure what I would want to play- maybe somewhere in the string section.
Enologist.
Great question--and I have so many answers, but I will limit it to just a few.
I would love to be a library marketing consultant, an interior decorator, and/or, if I could be guaranteed I would be good at it, a college professor like so many of your readers already are.
And I was thinking just last night, with my upcoming retreat, how great it would be to work as a coordinator at a retreat center. I could use my organizing, coordinating, and communicating skills, at a place focusing on peace and tranquility. It sounds perfect, if it would pay enough to live!
A forensic pathologist or a detective.
An inventor. Totally. There are so many things that I want which don't exist and I don't have the first clue how to make them happen. So, in this alternative reality, I would have a scientific brain already filled with all kinds of electronic and general engineering knowledge. Failing that, enough money to hire people who will make what I tell them to.
Hmmm...Rebecca as mad scientist? Maybe God gave me so little aptitude in math and science for a reason. Okay, I choose singer. In this reality, I have the soul of a singer and the voice of a frog.
BTW, do you know something we don't? If, perhaps, you've found some little obscure way into this alternative reality, a discreet sharing of information would not go amiss.;)
I have a few...
Singer-songwriter
Foreensic psychologist
Radio DJ at a classic rock station
The guy who is the voice in the movie previews.
The first and thid are for my love of music. The second is just cool. The fourth is becuase that guy has the coolist job in the world.
I'm thinking some are of physics. Astro, quantum perhaps... Hmmm.
Or I'd be a host on a travel show.
I would go into microbiology or molecular biology. I love teaching and my biology classes were always my favorite. Alas, I have hungry offspring so it's pharmD school for me instead.
I'd be a chef. Or a florist. Or a lawyer (NOT corporate!).
And I LOVE previews. Hubby hates 'em. It pisses me off that he always skips the previes whenwe rent movies!
Easy to answer - I'd run a diner. Always been my backup plan.
A crofter on a remote Scottish island with a load of sheep, some chickens and a vegetable plot and I would paint and write in my non-farming time.
I'd get freaking ass dream job I'm waiting to hear about--- waaaah--- or did you already know I'd say that?
Chef. Definitely.
Figure skater. I dream about skating -- it feels amazing to fly when you jump...
Archaeologist, keeper of the San Francisco history archives, or Professional Rock & Roll Trivia Champion. :)
What a lot of interesting answers! I sort of expected a lot of them to be about creative arty kind of things, because I think most people lack opportunities to be creative in life and wish they could, but I was surprised by the sciencey answers. Very fun.
Sheepish - thanks for adding the word "enologist" to my vocabulary - I'd like to do that too!
Seeking Solace - in the alternate reality when I make movie previews, you can totally do the voiceovers.
Post a Comment