Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday "Hey, that's not a kitty!"

The first morning I woke up in my fancy hotel room in Phnom Penh, I opened up the window and took a deep breath of the tropical air and looked around. I looked down at the roof below my window and said, "ooooh, kitty!" And then I looked more closely.

And then I realized there was a whole group of them.

With babies!

More pictures and stories coming soon, I promise!

9 comments:

luckybuzz said...

That's awesome!

Field Notes said...

Sweet! I always love seeing monkeys in the "wild", but whatever you do resist the temptation to feed them. They really are wild animals. You don't want to be bitten by one of them. You're probably smart enough to realize that, but the temptation can be quite hard to resist if that's the culture. Why else would the whole troop be hanging around?! Unless your room is located by the hotel garbage dump.... Have fun observing their antics!

Field Notes said...

Sweet! I always love seeing monkeys in the "wild", but whatever you do resist the temptation to feed them. They really are wild animals. You don't want to be bitten by one of them. You're probably smart enough to realize that, but the temptation can be quite hard to resist if that's the culture. Why else would the whole troop be hanging around?! Unless your room is located by the hotel garbage dump.... Have fun observing their antics!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'd have a hard time resisting putting them in my carry-on... although, knowing they are wild would probably help.

Penguin said...

Sure, you return, and I go to work!
These are adorable photos! Were they "nice" monkeys?

Ah, I know:
"Hey guys! Dr. Hussy's in town! To her place for the martinis and cheez-puffs!"

Jesse said...

those are some weird looking cats.

comebacknikki said...

That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

Very very cool.

lost clown said...

So cool.