I just got the page proofs for our edited volume! SO EXCITING. 526 pages of goodness. And five days (WTF??) to correct and return them.
Just now I was re-reading the introductory chapter that I wrote, and I started to absorb the fact that soon, this book will be on shelves in bookstores and online and in libraries, available for anyone to read. DUDE I MADE A BOOK. The very thought is making me all tingly, and a little nervous.
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Go you! This is awesome!
(and it does sound like you should get more than 1 day per every 100 pages of proofing...)
yay!
That is incredible! Congrats to you!
That is so freaking cool!
Very cool!! Be proud
Completely amazing! So happy for you!
Gah! How wonderful! Yay BH!
word verif: outpure
I just love those things..
That is so cool. Happy reading!
Yay! :)
What an excited feeling that must be.
Congrats. That is exciting, and yeah that's an incredibly short turn around time.
yay! Congrads!
Congratulations on the upcoming book! I started reading your blog a couple of weeks ago--so refreshing to read the perspective of a fellow female scientist who is married! In my department, I often feel like an outlier for the above-mentioned reasons (i.e. female, married, scientist, etc). Keep up the good work!
P.S. The Brazen Hussy is lovely with Grey Goose "Poire"--just thought that you'd like to know.
Sweet!
Post a Comment